Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8

Hello everyone. Hope you all are alright and everything is going well, if not I will be sure to lift you all up in prayer :)

The verses for today are Genesis 15:7-17:27, Psalm 6:1-5, Proverbs 1:20-23 and Matthew 6:5-24.

I really don't have too much to say on these verses but it discusses the value of prayer and how to be sure that you do it just to be seen but when you pray make sure that it is a personal conversation with the Lord and to go in your secret place when you pray. It also talks about how the Lord's prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) and how your prayers should model after it.

I felt that this song went well the verses for today as well so enjoy :)


Prayer
O God, as I begin this quest for a deeper and more effective prayer life, my heart cries out: "Lord teach me how to pray." For I know that when I learn to pray, I learn to live---vitally and victoriously. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 2:1-8, 1 Chronicles 16:11, Luke 18:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17
What was Christ's injunction?
What is Paul's desire?

Be blessed everyone :)

(Both the prayer and further study have come from the Everyday with Jesus Bible: A One-Year Reading Bible by Holman Bible Publishers with Devotions by Selwyn Hughes)

No comments:

Post a Comment