Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11

Happy 1-11-11 everyone :) Hope that your days was fabulous and that you stay warm.

Our verses today can be found in Genesis 21:22-23:20; Psalm 7:9-17; Proverbs 1:32-33 and Matthew 8:5-27.

Faith is a really powerful thing, yet at times I find it hard to have faith in things that seem like they will never change. It's hard to believe something that you're not sure about. In chapter 22 of Genesis, Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his only son. Now, God had already promised Abraham that his children would be as numerous as the stars yet, He was telling Abraham to kill his only son. But Abraham never questioned God and did as he was told.

How many of us can honestly say we would just go along with a task like that? I don't have any children but I can imagine how difficult it would be for me if God were to ask me to do something like that to a relative or even a friend that I cared deeply about. This is something that may often get us into trouble though, thinking that we know better than God so we try to find out ways to do it the way we see fit when we really need to have an attitude like Abraham and say "God Himself will provide.."(Genesis 22:8). God does test us with hard times just to see if we will fully trust in Him and lean on Him for everything. As I've said before God will give us what we need if we just trust the plan that He has for us and not try to force the plans that we have for ourselves.

Prayer
Father, I see that again You are about to face me with a strong and serious challenge. Forgive me if I draw back when Your lance plunges deep. I have lived with demandingness for so long that I might not even be able to recognize it. Help me, Lord. Amen.

Further Study
Galatians 2:15-21; Isaiah 29:15 and 30:1-2; 1 Corinthians 10:24
How did Paul describe "demandingness"?
What were the children of Israel doing?

I pray for miracles for you all. Be blessed everyone :)

(Both the prayer and further study have come from the Everyday with Jesus Bible: A One-Year Reading Bible by Holman Bible Publishers with Devotions by Selwyn Hughes)

No comments:

Post a Comment