Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13

God is good isn't He everyone? Hope your days have been blessed and full of favor. Just waking up this morning showed me that mine is :)

The verses for January 13th are: Genesis 24:55-26:11; Psalm 9:1-6; Proverbs 2:6-8; Matthew 9: 18-38.

From what I gathered from these verses, it is all about praising God. In the Genesis verses it showed the blessings that God had granted to Abraham's family even after he had passed away. Psalm and Proverbs verses tell about how God blesses those who follow Him by protecting them that follow Him and Matthew showed how Jesus healed so many that they couldn't help but share how He had blessed them and just had to praise Him.

Now I know for me it's a lot easier to praise Him when things are going well for me but as soon as things get tough I tend to pray a little bit more in hopes that He will bring me through. How messed up is that? It's like having a friend call you only when they need something. I know how annoying that is when someone does that to me and I really don't want to treat God that way either.

Praise Him when things are at their very worst. Why? Well I know how easy it is to throw yourself a pity party and get so down because things just don't seem to be going your way, but you can't forget the things that God is doing for you. Such as waking you up in the morning, being able to see, walk, hear, sit or stand, things that you may take for granted. Even in the midst of hard times God continues to bless us even when we hardly notice it. It could be something as simple as giving us someone to talk to who will listen to what we are going through or anything like that that we may not even recognize. Just be sure to praise Him just because He is God through it all, plus it'll really make the enemy mad :) And despite our circumstances, our belief that God will bring us through and our faith in God guarantees us a place in Heaven so the things of this world look a bit trivial compared to a lifetime in Heaven. So be sure to give God the glory and honor.

Prayer
Father, I am utterly amazed when I realize You have not only taken me out of Satan's kingdom, but You are using my prayer, when in is in line with Your pattern, to demolish his kingdom and re-establish Yours. Help me participate with all my might. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 1:17-2:7 and 6:1; 2 Corinthians 4:4 and 11:3
What is Christ's position?
What is our position?

Have a blessed and wonderful day everyone :)

Both the prayer and further study have come from the Everyday with Jesus Bible: A One-Year Reading Bible by Holman Bible Publishers with Devotions by Selwyn Hughes)

No comments:

Post a Comment