Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17

Hello hello, good people. Hope you all are having a blessed day :)

Today's verses come from Genesis 31:1-55; Psalm 10:7-12; Proverbs 2:20-22; Matthew 11:20-12:8

As I've said before I sometimes find it hard to believe that God loves me just for me. There are plenty of times when I feel unworthy of His love because there are a lot of times that I'm so undeserving of it, but then again I guess that's the point isn't it? Jesus said "come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11: 28) Maybe it's just me but it sometimes feels strange to take all your problems to someone because I feel like I'm burdening them. But when I say this I am thinking pf it from a human standpoint, meaning that I feel like I would be bothering God if I take all my problems to Him, especially when I feel like I don't deserve to do so. However, God is so much more than a mere human and I shouldn't even try to compare Him to our human standards.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though we stumble or feel at our lowest God is still there to take on how we feel even when we feel unworthy of His covering but He loves us and only wants us to have the best even when it seems like everything is against us.

Prayer
O Father, help me come to the quiet time expectancy-expectancy that here my weakness shall become strength, my doubt become my faith, my fears become courage, and my sin become redemption. I ask this for Your own dear name's sake. Amen.

Further Study
Jeremiah 15:1-16; Deuteronomy 8:3; Job 23: 12; Psalm 119: 103
What was Jeremiah's experience?
What did the children of Israel have to learn?

I truly enjoyed this prayer because I often have a lot of weakness, doubts and fear and I forget that God can transform my weaknesses and turn them into something so much greater and better than I could even imagine. Thank you Lord for all you do for me

I hope you all stay bless and safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment