Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14

Hello wonderful people. I hope you all have enjoyed your Friday.

The word of the Lord today comes from Genesis 26:12-27:29; Psalm 9:7-12; Proverbs 2:9-10; Matthew 10:1-20.

Do you ever get tired of looking at the news or opening up a newspaper just to see that something tragic has happened? I know for me it can get down right depressing to see some of the tragedies that take place in this world. As sad as it may seem God prepares us for times like this with his word. He knew the sin that would take over and in His word He makes sure that we are well equip for the trials ahead.

In the verses in Matthew, Jesus prepares His 12 disciples for going out into the world and warns them that even though they may come across those who won't listen to them, they shouldn't worry because "but when they hand you over, don't worry about how or what you speak. For you will be given what to say at that hour, because you are not speaking, but the Spirit of your Father is speaking through you" (Matthew 10: 19-20).

I found this to be a great comfort because there are plenty of times I am faced with a difficult situation and I don't know how I will address it and somehow God helps me get the right words across to those so they may hear what I have to say. I'm so glad that God stays with us in these trying times and it wonderful to know that where we lack He will do the rest.

Prayer
O God, I am so grateful that I am not an orphan in this universe. I have a homeland, the kingdom of God. And because nothing can hinder the establishing of that kingdom, I have a peace that nothing can disturb. I am so grateful. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 24:1-10; 2 Chronicles 20:6; 1 Timothy 1:17; Revelation 19:6
What picture does the psalmist give us?
What is his exhortation?

I pray that you all have a very safe and fun weekend. Be blessed everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment