Monday, December 27, 2010

My 2011 Prayer

OK since 2011 is quickly approaching I've been thinking about how I felt throughout 2010. I'm not sure how it looked to the outside world but I was a mess on the inside. I was worried about graduation, dealing with a break, family issues....I was a walking talking disaster. Everything was changing so fast and anyone who knows me knows that I don't do too well with change. Not that I'm opposed to it, I'm just weary toward the unfamiliar. Anyway, being the total train wreck that I was I really could have used this song because I felt so lost and alone it wasn't even funny. The first verse alone was exactly how I was feeling but just couldn't summon the courage to truly ask God to help me. I mean I prayed and all but because of my past mistakes I felt so unworthy and never truly believe that I deserved anything good God could give me. However, now that I have discovered this song this will be my prayer for 2011 when things are bad, good and everything in between. Enjoy and be blessed everyone :)


Lyrics:
Verse 1: Heavenly Father, I stand before you with a broken spirit on bended knees and Lord I'm tired of doing things my way and I surrender my all to thee.

Chorus : Heavenly Father this is my prayer, draw me nearer, I feel your spirit, I know you are there, draw me nearer.

Verse 2: Heavenly Father, guide me on this road of life with your sweet grace. Light my pathway every single day as I try to seek your face.

Chorus

Bridge: I now realize I need you in my life, I'm desperately in need your name is energy

No comments:

Post a Comment